KIDS-Q RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Slab-O-Rama Barbeque Challenge (Event) is sponsored by the Rotary Club of Bullhead City (“Rotary”), a non-profit organization. All the proceeds that are raised from this event is put back into our community through various projects that our Rotary Club is involved in including:
• The continued expansion and beautification of Rotary Park to include
• Scholarships to local high school seniors for college or vocational careers;
• Sending local high school students to the Rotary Youth Leadership Awards to participate in leadership camps and meet other high school students from all over the world;
• Sponsor participation in Rotary Youth Exchange, the world’s largest exchange program for high school students;
• Continue to sponsor Interact Clubs in the area. Our Club sponsors the Interact Clubs at both Mohave Accelerated Learning Center and Mohave High School. Members of the Interact Clubs develop leadership skills and perform many local service and international service projects, including their current project, Crutches for Africa, where the students are collecting crutches, canes and wheelchairs from the community, and flying to Africa to distribute to the disabled.
Rotary makes every attempt to host a premier event, however Rotary reserves the right to refuse a team’s entry or decline a judge’s application, certified or otherwise, at its discretion. Rotary will refund entry fees when the applicant gives notice in writing or otherwise by email, by January 11, 2023. There are no cash refunds. Refunds will be made by check within thirty (30) days of receipt of the written notice of cancellation. Weather is not an acceptable reason for cancellation if adverse weather occurs after January 9, 2023, through the close of the Event on the evening of January 14, 2023.
Participants, their members, successors, and agents agree to abide by all local, state, and federal laws.
Rules and Regulations
• All meats used in the contest must be USDA-approved meats and the packaging labels must be on the meats used.
• Meats will be inspected beginning 90 minutes before the contest begins by a contest representative that will certify that the meats are USDA-approved and being held at a temperature of 40 degrees (40o) or less. All other items to be submitted for judging (buns, cheeses, veggies, etc.) should be available for the Inspector to see as well.
• The Competition area will be marked off and shall serve as the boundary where friends and family may approach to without disqualifying the team for being in the cooking area. Contest representatives will be present to assist in keeping the competition area clear of any non-team members except for when the grills are being lit when one adult is allowed in to start the charcoals. No adult within the competition boundary at this time shall be allowed to handle any of the team’s competition items or cooking utensils.
• All teams will be assigned an area to cook in, in which they must keep all cooking gear in their area.
• There will be a Kids Cooks meeting at 4:00 p.m., where the rules and regulations will be reviewed. Teams will receive their 9 x 9-inch styrofoam clamshells to submit their entry in. The entry must fit in the container.
• An adult representative will be allowed in the competition area to assist in lighting the team’s charcoal safely. Contest officials will be on hand to make sure adults are only in the competition area for this purpose.
• Team participants must prepare their own entry, including seasonings and any garnish used. Garnish is “open.”
• The official turn in time is from 6:50 p.m. until 7:10 p.m. No entries will be accepted prior to or after this “turn in time.” Contest officials shall have the time displayed at the turn in table, which shall be the “official clock.”
•Each team must turn in an entry consisting of at least six samples in the turn in container provided. No other container will be accepted. More than six (6) entries is acceptable if the team wishes to submit.
• The judging protocol utilized by the KCBS shall be used to insure the quality and integrity of the judging process.
• Scores shall be tabulated in the same manner as the Slab-O-Rama competition.
• Awards will be announced on Saturday at 4 p.m. under the Ramada.
• Each team shall be responsible for the clean-up of their area, including the removal of their grill and charcoal given to each team by the contest. Parents and adults may assist.
• Failure to abide by these rules could cause disqualification of the team
Enter using via the web at www.slaborama.com. Phone calls and other communications arranging for entry without using the online registration and payment system are null and void.
Teams are responsible for any damage that may result to the Park and or grounds due to damage from heat or cooking equipment that is or has been placed in direct contact with grounds or asphalt that results in cracking or damage otherwise. The same applies to equipment used in the cooking site (pit) that includes, but is not necessarily exclusive of, same roadways or parking surfaces as well as electrical facilities.
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
In acknowledgement of possible risk, injury, or property damage in competing at the 8th Annual Slab-O-Rama Barbeque Challenge Kids-Q Competition, the undersigned team member, acting as authorized agent for “The Team,” states that the Team is voluntarily participating in these activities with the knowledge of any and all danger involved. The Team agrees to assume any and all risks associated with the participated activities, including but not limited to risks of bodily harm, death, or property damage, whether those
risks are known or unknown.
As consideration for being permitted by the Rotary Club of Bullhead City and the City of Bullhead City to participate in the 8th Annual Slab-O-Rama BBQ Challenge Kids-Q Competition and to use Rotary Park and its facilities, the undersigned team member, acting as authorized agent for the Team, forever releases the Rotary Club of Bullhead City, the City of Bullhead City, any event-affiliated organization, and their respective directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents, contractors, and representatives from any and all actions, claims, or demands that I, the Team, my assigns, heirs, distributees, guardians, spouse, agents, and legal representatives now have or may have in the future for injury, death, or property damages related to: (1) my participation as a Team at the Slab-O-Rama; (2) negligence or other acts, whether directly connected to these activities or not and however caused; (3) the condition of the premises where the activities occur, whether or not I am then participating the activities; or, (4) which may result from the Team’s participation, or which may occur to third parties by the act(s) of the Team members and their agents. The Team shall defend any action so asserted or maintained arising out of any
action taken by the Team members. I also agree that I, my assigns, heirs, distributees, guardians, spouse, agents, and legal representatives will not make a claim, sue, or attach the property of the Rotary Club of Bullhead City, the City of Bullhead City, any event affiliated organization, or their respective directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents, contractors, or representatives.
The Team, its members, and its successors grant full permission to the Rotary Club of Bullhead City and the Slab-O-Rama Event committee to use any photographs, videotapes, records, or any other record of the Event for any legitimate purpose, including but not limited to the future promotional efforts on behalf of the Event.
The Team and its members and/or successors agree to follow the rules of the local contest, KCBS rules, and local, state, and federal government laws and hereby authorize the Team member signing below to execute this agreement on behalf of the Team, its other members, and its successors to assume full legal liability and responsibility for the behavior of the “Team” and its guests.
As between the parties, each party shall be solely responsible for any and all liability arising from personal injury, including death, or any damage including property damage arising from the act or failure to act of the Respective Party or of its Officials, members, or Agents pursuant to this agreement.
ON BEHALF OF THE TEAM I CERTIFY THAT I AM AUTHORIZED TO SIGN THIS SERIES OF AGREEMENTS, “DOCUMENT”, AND THAT I HAVE READ, HAD THE
OPPORTUNITY TO ASK QUESTIONS AND UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THIS DOCUMENT, INCLUDING ALL PAGES OF THE TEAM APPLICATION 1.